Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grandpa William Riley and Mary Tolliver Smith

As I mentioned on my earlier post my cousin Ken Douglas was very helpful in sending me information about my great-grandfather William Riley Smith and my great-grandmother Mary Ann Tolliver. He sent me a picture of them with some other family members. It was the first picture I had ever seen of them. When Jerry and I went to Texas to bring our things to Utah I was able to show my mom a picture of her grandparents for the first time. Her grandfather William Riley died in 1921 and Mom was born in 1923. Mary Ann Tolliver passed away in 1945 but Mom doesn't remember ever meeting her. That is so sad to me. Mom was very excited about seeing a picture of her grandparents. She was thrilled is a more accurate description. Thanks Ken!


No comments: